Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery
ANM stands for Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery it is a diploma course which focuses on the study of health care of various individuals.l
It also taught about how to take care of equipment, setting up of Operation Theater, provide medication timely to patient and maintain records.ANM course trains the students & make them capable to work as basic health workers. ANM
graduates main focus is given towards the treatment of
children, women & old age people. ANM is a. Nursing is an integral part of healthcare sector. Nurses play a crucial role in the smooth functioning of different types of health organizations (hospitals, dispensaries, NGOs etc).Nursing is the discipline that focuses on care, rehabilitation or treatment of patients. The main objectives of the above mentioned actions are- prevention of diseases, rehabilitation and maintaining good health of patients and/or general public.
A person could work in the following profiles after ANM course:
• Certified Nurse
• Work At PHC
• Nurse Practitioner
• Staff Nurse
• Work In NGO
• Work In Clinics, Primary Centre
• Work In Health Care Centre
• 10+2 class passed with Any Stream with aggregate of 45% marks from recognized Board
• Minimum and Maximum age for admission will be 17 and 35 years on 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
. There is no age bar for ANM/LHV.
Registered as ANM with State Nursing Registration Council.
• Student shall be medically fit.
• • Student shall be admitted once in a year.
» General Nursing and Midwifery
GNM stands for General Nursing and Midwifery. It is a 3 years long Diploma program. Academic program is 3 years long whit internship. In this article, you will be reading about GNM course details, eligibility criteria, admission process, syllabus, pg courses & advanced studies, career prospects and job profiles available after completing the course. GNM is a three and half year diploma course .The age limit is minimum 17 years and maximum 35 years. This course is for both male and female students. Nursing is a noble profession. It is a promising area offering diverse job opportunities to male and female aspirants. Nursing is an integral part of healthcare sector. Nurses play an important role in the smooth functioning of various healthcare setups. Nursing is a noble profession. It is a promising area offering diverse job opportunities to male and female aspirants. Nursing is an integral part of healthcare sector. Nurses play an important role in the smooth functioning of various healthcare setups. Nursing is a discipline that focuses on care, rehabilitation or treatment of patients. The main objectives of the above mentioned actions are- prevention of diseases, rehabilitation and maintaining good health of patients and/or general public. Nurses posses knowledge about patient care, medicines and rehabilitation. They are trained to take care of patients and assist Doctors in supervised or independent setups. GNM is a job oriented course, using which, 12th standard passed students may enter the field of nursing. Let us check out the course details now.
» B.Sc Nursing
B.Sc Nursing course is broadly based on education within an academic framework specially directed to the development of critical thinking skills, competence and standards required for the practice of professional nursing and midwifery as envisaged in National Health Policy, 2002. Since it involves nursing of the wounded or ill, a lot of sectors require these graduates hence increasing its demand which is only expected to increase in the future as well. In India, the course is registered under and is controlled by Indian Nursing Council. A person who is genuinely interested to serve society by treating and caring patients should not think twice before taking this course. As a nurse, a person makes a huge difference in people’s lives. A caring and compassionate nurse is considered a guardian angel by patients. This can be a very satisfying and gratifying career for the compassionate. A person can go further for a Masters in nursing which is a great advantage as it increases the expertise in the field generating more demand and better opportunities. If a person wishes to go into teaching, then Ph.D. is advisable for them.
B.Sc Nursing program prepares its aspirants to become an exemplary citizen by adhering to a code of ethics and professional conduct at all times in fulfilling personal, social and professional obligations so as to respond to national aspirations. These graduate nurses are prepared to work as a care provider, educator, coordinator, advocator, researcher, counselor & administrator, etc. and in hospitals, nursing homes, defense services, railways and aeronautical zones, industrial houses, factories, Schools and various such industries.
A person could work in the following profiles after graduating from this course:
• Case Manager
• Certified Nurse Midwife
• Clinical Nurse Specialist
• Nurse Anesthetist
• Nurse Educator
• Nurse Practitioner
• Staff Nurse
• The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
• Minimum education:
• 10+2 class passed with Science (PCB) & English Core/English Elective with aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board under
AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSC/HSC or other equivalent Board.
• Student shall be medically fit.
• Students appearing in 10+2 examination in Science conducted by the National Institute of Open School with 45% marks.
• Student shall be admitted once in a year.
» Post Basic B.SC. Nursing
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (P.B.B.Sc.) is a 2- year undergraduate program pursued for candidates interested in the field of Nursing. Nurses are healthcare professionals who are trained in taking care of patients, treating them, and assisting doctors in treatment and surgery. A qualified RN (Registered Nurse) is capable of administering preventive, promotive, curative, and rehabilitative services to patients and communities at large. Nursing, beyond a profession, is an opportunity to serve and treat patients and is thus directly related to social change and impact. The INC (Indian Nursing Council) is the authorized body that governs all aspects of nursing education in India. The course follows the syllabus prescribed by the INC. The admission process for the course is varied, as various institutes have their very own criteria and processes of admission. Admission to the course is most often based on the candidate’s obtained merit at the 10+2 level and in the GNM course. Also part of the admission process are selection tests (aptitude test, interview, written test, etc.), based on performance in which, candidates are allotted seats.
Passed the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the university for this purpose. Those who have done 10+1 in or before 1986, will be eligible for admission.
Obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council. A male nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of midwifery in any one of the following areas:
• O.T. Techniques
• Ophthalmic Nursing
• Leprosy Nursing
• TB Nursing
• Psychiatric Nursing
• Neurological and Neurosurgical Nursing
• Community Health Nursing
• Cancer Nursing
• Orthopedic Nursing
Candidates shall be medically fit.
Students shall be admitted once in a year.
» M.SC Nursing
M.Sc. Nursing is a postgraduate course in theories and principles of nursing and allied sciences. A candidate has to be a B.Sc. /B.Sc. (Hons) graduate/Post Basic B.Sc Nursing in Nursing from a recognised university by INC in order to be eligible for this course.
M.Sc. Nursing is a two year program which specializes in many branches; for example Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Pediatric Nursing and Psychiatric Nursing etc. The mode of admission is mostly through Entrance Examination or through marks obtained in qualifying examination and personal interview.
• The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
• The Minimum education requirements shall be the Passing of B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
• Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing or Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
» Operation Theatre Technology
B.Sc. in Operation Theatre Technology program means to understand the Ethics, Layout of Operation Theatre as well as Handling the equipment. They will provide help to Surgeons, Specialist, Anesthetists and Nurses. The primary undertaking of Operation Theatre Technician is to help Doctors in Surgery, masterminding surgical instruments before surgery, cleaning instruments before surgery, obeying surgeons order a mid surgery or crisis strategies and dealing with anesthesia equipment. Operation Theatre Technologists are required across all hospitals who conduct surgeries such as General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Gynaecology Surgery and Urology etc. This program has been designed for meeting the demand of the growing needs of experts in the fields of operation theatre management, medical ethics, anesthesia technology and post-operation care. The course provides complete care to the surgical patient pre and post operation in the theatre and to assist the anesthetist, surgeon or the nurse in various procedures and helps to sterilize and disinfect the OT rooms following NABH protocols. After passing the course they can go for further higher degrees for enhancing their educational qualification and job promotions. This course will provide you with the technical and interpersonal skills required to work under the supervision of nursing, anesthetists and surgical personal.
Candidates who have successfully completed 12th standard with Science or its equivalent examination from any recognized board and college. The duration of this program is 3 years.
Diploma In Operation Theatre Technology
• Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology is a Diploma level Operations Theatre Technology program. This program prepares aspirants to work in the operation theatre as a competent reliable technologist among the other team members of a healthcare department, under the supervision and guidance of senior doctors and Technical persons in their delivery of patient care. They learn the utilization of numerous diagnostic equipment for example Ventilators, monitors, Defibrillators, C-arm etc. and also patient assessment abilities. Training also concentrates on the knowledge and skills of monitoring infection control policy and procedures in the operation theatre. Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology concerned with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases and ailments through the use of clinical laboratory tests.
• Candidates who have completed their Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology looks after all the work and management of the operation theatre which involves managing the patients in and out of operation theatre, looking after all the surgical instruments involving their sterilization, dressing table, arranging operation table, instrument table, anesthesia table and management of the operation theatre staff. An Operation Theatre Technologist also helps the surgeon amid the surgical operations and looks after the drugs required for surgery, drapes, anesthetic gases, linen and their sterilization.
• The aim of the program is to teach and train candidates in operation theatre technology and the management of operation theatre along with handling a wide range of operating instruments including electronic and advanced equipment used in modern operation theatres.
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)
The course is an allied health/paramedical course that is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases through clinical laboratory tests.
As part of the course, such students are taught to :
Handle clinical tests, laboratory equipment, microscopic and automated equipment, and others.
• Match blood samples for blood transfusions and diabetic count.
• Test and check cholesterol levels and blood pressure in the body.
• Find the cause of such ailments. File reports that are passed on to the concerned doctor who recommends medication to the patient for the same.conduct such tests.
• Maintain laboratory equipment like:
• Test tubes
• Safely dispose waste.
• Practice safety, cautiousness, and attentiveness at all times, such as wearing protective clothing, among others.
• Make reports for patients’ treatment.
• Successful qualification of the 10+2 level of education from a recognized educational Board.
• Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) as the main subjects of study at the 10+2 level.
• A minimum aggregate score of 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
• Some Universities provided DMLT On Successful qualification of the 10th level of education from a recognized educational Board.
» Medical Laboratory Technology B.SC MLT
B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology is an Allied Health specialty program that deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases through the utilization of clinical laboratory tests. As important members of the health care group, medical laboratory experts play an important role in collecting the information required to provide the best care to an ill or injured patient. The truth of the matter is that the practice of modern medicine would be outlandish without the tests performed in the laboratory. Medical laboratory experts have unlimited options of practice settings. Hospitals, public health facilities, nursing homes, clinics, and commercial laboratories all have job opportunities for qualified laboratory experts or professionals. In these settings, correspondence and research aptitudes are profoundly esteemed. Candidates who must be able to conduct research, be hard worker, finish tasks with accuracy and can handle stress and must have interpreting technical skills. Candidates willing to pursue B.Sc. (Medical Laboratory Technology) program and have knowledge of mechanical ability, laboratory instruments, and the ability to utilize computers are most appropriate for this program. Candidates who are thinking of doing Masters’ Degree after it and then further research work are also additionally fit for this.
• Minimum eligibility for it is an intermediate (10+2) passed with science subjects or equivalent examination from a recognized University or Board.
• Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate to be eligible for admission to B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology course.
Diploma in Pharmacy or D.Pharma. is a 2-year full-time Diploma course divided into 4 semesters. D.Pharma. has been designed to prepare candidates to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in hospitals, community pharmacies, and other related pharmaceutical fields. The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing the course is a 10+2 or equivalent qualification in any stream from a recognized educational board. Admission to the course is based on the candidate’s performance in a relevant entrance exam or merit obtained in the last qualifying exam. D.Pharma course is a career-oriented program in the medical field of Pharmacy, designed to familiarize candidates with the basic concepts of pharmaceutical science. The purpose of the program is to prepare students with the necessary skills and academic knowledge for entry-level positions in retail pharmacies as well as pharmaceutical companies. The course essentially provides an overview of the theory and various principles and practices involved in the science of pharmacy.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma) is an undergraduate degree course in the field of Pharmacy education. The students those are interested in the medical field (except to become a doctor) can choose this course after the completion of class 12th (PCM/B). After the completion of this degree, the students can practice as a Pharmacist. Pharmacists can work in a range of industries related to the prescription, manufacture & provision of medicines. The duration of this course is 4 years.
The B.Pharma is one of the popular job oriented course among the science students after class 12th. In this course the students study about the drugs and medicines, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Medicinal Chemistry, etc. This course provides a large no. of job opportunities in both the public and private sector.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy
The students undergo a vigorous academic program and in the 1st year, the subjects undertaken are Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Biochemistry, Basics of Physiotherapy & Social Psychology. In the 2nd year, the students are given practical as well as theoretical knowledge regarding Electrotherapy, Exercise Therapy, Biomechanics along with other subjects viz. Microbiology, Pathology & Pharmacology. The 3rd year gives the students full clinical orientation of Gen. Medicine, Gen. Surgery, Orthopaedics, Clinical Neurology & Psychiatry & Cardiothoracic conditions as well as knowledge of Disability Prevention & Rehabilitation.
In the 4th & final year, the students take over vigorous Physiotherapy training regarding management of Orthopaedic, Neurological, Cardiothoracic, Pediatric & Surgical Conditions.
Master Of Physiotherapy
Orthopedics, Neurology, Cardiopulmonary and Sports Owing to the need of specialized education after Physical Therapy graduation, the Institute started up Post-Graduate programs in Physiotherapy with specializations in Orthopedics, Neurological Disorders and Sports Medicine.
The first year of the Master's Program consists of theoretical classes focusing on Basic & Advanced Therapeutics as well as routine clinical postings for stipulated hours for the students. The second year include theory classes, clinical postings, seminars, hands on workshops, dissertations & research work as per respective specialization. The Master's students take up their final year University exam at the end of second year along with their dissertation submission. The weekly schedule also includes case presentations, clinical discussions and journal clubs to keep the students updated about the recent advancements in the field of physiotherapy.